The Ultrastar Data60 hybrid storage platform is a key element of next-generation disaggregated storage and Software-Defined Storage (SDS) systems. The compact, efficient form factor provides the flexibility to specify the HDD and SSD combinations for balancing capacity, performance, and cost.
A flash data acceleration tier can be enabled to serve both fast data and big data applications from a single platform. The Ultrastar Data60 addresses the demanding storage needs of large enterprise customers, storage OEMs, cloud service providers, as well as resellers/integrators requiring dense, shared HDD or hybrid storage.
- Up to 60 Ultrastar DC HC550 HDDs (SAS or SATA)
- Up to 1080TB raw capacity in 4U
- Hybrid support for data acceleration tier with SSDs (SAS or SATA) in up to 24 of 60 drive slots
- Dual-port SAS for high availability or single-port SATA for low cost
- Enterprise-grade redundant and hot-swappable PSUs, I/O modules, and fans
- 5-year limited warranty
Applications and Workload
- SDS Environments
- Big Data
- Private Cloud
- Data Analytics
- Cloud Infrastructure