OpenFlex Composable Infrastructure
Composable infrastructure is a new architectural approach that uses NVMe™-over-Fabric to dramatically improve compute and storage utilization, performance, and agility in the data center. With the exponential growth in data, along with the increasing diversity of workflows and demands on IT infrastructure, businesses need to increase speed, agility and time-to-value for their customers.
OpenFlex architecture and products allow storage to be disaggregated from compute, enabling applications to share a common pool of storage capacity. Data can easily be shared between applications, or needed capacity can be allocated to an application regardless of location.
- Composable, shareable high-performance storage
- Access data from anywhere in the data center
- Lower CapEx and OpEx by reducing resource over-provisioning
- Manageable through existing data center orchestration frameworks
- Reduce stranded or underutilized resources
- Dynamic provisioning: scale down resources as easily as you scale up
Applications & Workloads
- High-Performance, Low-Latency Apps
- Data Analytics
- Rack-Scale Flexible Infrastructure
- Software-Defined Storage Environments
- Private Cloud
- Big Data Applications