Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT.
Red Hat Cluster Suite
Red Hat Cluster Suite (RHCS) is an integrated set of software components that can be deployed in a variety of configurations to suit your needs for performance, high-availability, load balancing, scalability, file sharing, and economy.
RHCS consists of the following major components:
- Cluster Infrastructure — Provides fundamental functions for nodes to work together as a cluster: configuration-file management, membership management, lock management, and fencing.
- High-availability Service Management — Provides failover of services from one cluster node to another in case a node becomes inoperative.
- Cluster Administration Tools — Configuration and management tools for setting up, configuring, and managing a Red Hat cluster. The tools are for use with the Cluster Infrastructure components, the High-availability and Service Management components, and storage.
- Linux Virtual Server (LVS) — Routing software that provides IP-Load-balancing. LVS runs in a pair of redundant servers that distributes client requests evenly to real servers that are behind the LVS servers.
The Red Hat Cluster Suite cluster infrastructure provides the basic functions for nodes to work together as a cluster. Once a cluster is formed using the cluster infrastructure, you can use other Red Hat Cluster Suite components to suit your clustering needs (for example, setting up a cluster for sharing files on a GFS file system or setting up service failover). The cluster infrastructure performs the following functions:
- Cluster management
- Lock management
- Cluster configuration management
Red Hat Gluster Storage
Red Hat Gluster Storage (formerly known as Red Hat Storage Server) is a software-defined storage platform designed to handle the requirements of traditional file storage—high-capacity tasks like backup and archival as well as high-performance tasks of analytics and virtualization. But unlike traditional storage systems, Red Hat Gluster Storage is not rigid and expensive. It easily scales across bare metal, virtual, container, and cloud deployments.
Red Hat Ceph Storage
Red Hat Ceph Storage is a production-ready implementation of Ceph, the open source storage platform that manages data on a single distributed computer cluster and provides interfaces for object-, block-, and file-level storage. Red Hat Ceph Storage is ideal for object storage workloads because it is proven at web scale, flexible for demanding applications, and offers the data protection, reliability, and availability enterprises demand.
Red Hat is ideal for:
- government IT managers and systems administrators
- university researchers
- customers who value a well-established, legacy brand
Red Hat Gluster Storage provides an open, software-defined storage solution across physical, virtual, and cloud resources, while Red Hat Ceph Storage is a scalable, programmable storage platform that supports cloud infrastructure, media repositories, backup and restore systems, and data lakes. Advanced HPC has considerable experience in architecting both solutions for a wide variety of environments and applications.