The Ultrastar® Data60 is a key element of next‑generation disaggregated storage and software-defined storage (SDS) systems, delivering high density and the flexibility to balance performance with cost.
The UltrastarData60 provides up to 720TB of raw storage in a compact and efficient form factor. HGST HelioSeal® drives ensure cool running, quiet operation and high reliability. A high-performance data tier can be set up for demanding applications by using SSDs in up to 24 of the drive slots, enabling the ability to serve both fast data and big data from a single platform.
HIGH DENSITY. Up to 60 HGST HelioSeal® HDDs providing up to 720TB of raw storage in a 4U enclosure.
FLEXIBILITY. Choice of SAS or SATA and up to 24 slots can be populated with SSDs for a data acceleration tier.
INNOVATIVE. Patented IsoVibe™ and ArcticFlow™ technologies improve performance and cooling even in heavy workloads.
- IsoVibe Patented Vibration Isolation Technology
- Precise cuts in the baseboard provide a suspension for the drives in the chassis, isolating them from transmitted vibration. The result is that consistent performance is maintained, even when all the drives are working hard.
- ArcticFlow Patented Thermal Zone Cooling Technology
- By introducing cool air into the center of the chassis, drives operate at lower and more consistent temperatures than conventional systems. This results in lower fan speeds, reduced vibration, lower power consumption, quieter operation and ultimately higher reliability.
Ultrastar Data60 Specifications
- 60 x 3.5” drive bays
- Up to 24 can be SAS or SATA SSD
Available Drive Capacities
- HDD up to 12TB
- SSD up to 6.4TB
- Dual redundant I/O Modules (IOM)
- 6 Mini-SAS HD ports per IOM
- 4U60 w/o drives: 27.3kg (60lbs)
- 4U60 w/ 60 HDDs: 79.4kg (175lbs)
- Front/Rear: Power, ID, Fault
- Drive: Activity, Fault
- Height: 175mm (6.89”)
- Width: 447mm (17.61”)
- Depth: 712mm (28.03”)
- Depth in Rack: Max of 890mm (35.04”) w/ dual CMA—includes 24 SAS cables
- SCSI Enclosure Services
- Redfish (out of band, via RJ45)
- Dual 1600W, 80+ Platinum
- 200-240V AC input, auto ranging, 50-60Hz
- 4 main enclosure fans, front-to-rear system cooling with zero-loss backflow prevention
- 1 IO module fan
- Dual PSUs with built-in fans
- Operating Temperature: 5 to 40°C
- Non-op Temperature: -40 to 60°C
- Humidity: 5 to 85% relative humidity
- Operating Altitude: 40°C @ 3,000ft
- Sound Power: < 7.2 Bels @ 23±2°C
- Cable-free hot-swappable IOM, power supply, fans and drives
Now, Gemini is also available in a second configuration with the HGST Ultrastar Data102!
Special, limited-time-only price on both configurations:
Ultrastar Data60: $35,000 (Based on 720TB of raw storage.)
Ultrastar Data102: $52,000 (Based on up to 1.2PB of raw storage.)
For complete details on Gemini and this exclusive offer, click here to Contact Us.
Don’t miss out! This special Gemini offer is available for a limited time only.