For more than 45 years, AMD has driven innovation in high performance computing (HPC), graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play.
AMD EPYC™ 7000 Series
AMD EPYC 7000 series high performance processors power the data center with 32 cores, 64 threads, 8 memory channels with up to 2 TB of memory per socket,
and 128 PCIe-3 lanes coupled with the industry’s first hardware-embedded x86 server security solution. EPYC natively supports up to 32 NVMe or SATA devices in both 1-socket and 2-socket designs, enabling streamlined Software Defined and Direct Attached Storage solutions. AMD’s state-of-the-art GPUs combined with EPYC provide excellent solutions for your most demanding HPC applications.
Machine Learning (ML) can provide real-time decision making, critical to business operations. EPYC delivers a solid foundation for ML applications, such as proactive maintenance, fraud detection, network security monitoring, real-time trading and self-driving vehicles. EPYC can also help accelerate leading Big Data and In-Memory Database applications that require large memory sizes, high memory bandwidth and high-bandwidth I/O, to manage and analyze massive amounts of unstructured data.
AMD EPYC 1-Socket Solutions
IT organizations across the globe face budget and space constraints that are made worse by underutilized servers. Today those same datacenters lack the choice of a high-performance, 1-socket server designed to increase utilization and lower acquisition costs. AMD EPYC delivers on the promise of helping lower TCO and enables organizations to right-size for key data center workloads without feature compromise.
- GPU Acceleration. EPYC enables up to 6 dedicated GPUs in a single-socket servers with peer-to-peer communication through the CPU. 2-socket and/or PCI switches are no longer needed to get the lanes required to achieve this level of GPU density.
Scale-Out Storage Solutions
- Fast Storage. With EPYC’s 128 PCIe lanes, you no longer need 2 sockets to get the high-bandwidth PCI lanes to allow dense NVMe storage solutions.
- Cold Storage. Attach up to 32 SATA devices without the cost of an HBA.
- Enterprise Business Applications. EPYC allows you to buy only what you need to support your enterprise business application requirements. No more second sockets need to go unused.
AMD EPYC 2-Socket Solutions
With up to 64 cores, 4 TB of memory, and 128 lanes of PCIe connectivity, 2-socket servers built with the AMD EPYC SoC have the flexibility, performance, and security to efficiently support the most demanding workloads.
- Database Management and Analytics. With massive amounts of memory capacity and bandwidth, you can process mountains of information quickly, turning data into intelligence.
- Private/Hybrid Cloud Environments. Even private clouds raise security concerns. AMD leading-edge security solutions enables the security of your cloud environment.
- Virtualized Infrastructure. Whatever your virtualized workloads, you can get more VMs or more robustly configure your current number of VMs.
Learn how AMD EPYC™ brings more speed, power and precision to breakthrough genomics research. This video shares how Oregon State University’s Center for Genome Research & Biocomputing (CGRB) employs customized Advanced HPC EPYC-powered server solutions for everything from assembling and annotating genomes to deep learning, machine learning and running sophisticated simulations. How AMD EPYC™ Accelerates Breakthrough Bio Research
To help you optimize EPYC performance, we are providing a Compiler Options Quick Reference Guide.