Intel’s (NASDAQ: INTC) innovation in cloud computing, data center, Internet of Things, and PC solutions is powering the smart and connected digital world we live in. You may know them for their processors, but they do so much more. Intel invents at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business and society, and for every person on Earth.
Harnessing the capability of the cloud, the ubiquity of the Internet of Things, the latest advances in memory and programmable solutions, and the promise of always-on 5G connectivity, Intel is disrupting industries and solving global challenges. Leading on policy, diversity, inclusion, education and sustainability, they create value for their stockholders, customers and society.
The Next-Generation Fabric
Intel® Omni-Path Architecture (Intel® OPA), an element of Intel® Scalable System Framework, delivers the performance for tomorrow’s high performance computing (HPC) workloads and the ability to scale to tens of thousands of nodes—and eventually more—at a price competitive with today’s fabrics. The Intel OPA 100 Series product line is an end-to-end solution of PCIe* adapters, silicon, switches, cables, and management software. As the successor to Intel® True Scale Fabric, this optimized HPC fabric is built upon a combination of enhanced IP and Intel® technology.
For software applications, Intel OPA will maintain consistency and compatibility with existing Intel True Scale Fabric and InfiniBand APIs by working through the open source OpenFabrics Alliance (OFA) software stack on leading Linux distribution releases. Intel True Scale Fabric customers will be able to migrate to Intel OPA through an upgrade program.
Take a Major Leap Forward
New Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors are workload-optimized to support hybrid cloud infrastructures and the most high-demand applications – including analytics, artificial intelligence, autonomous driving, high performance computing, and network transformation.
- Optimize Performance – New features such as Intel® Advanced Vector Extension 512 (Intel® AVX-512) improve with workload-optimized performance and throughput increases for advanced analytics, high performance computing (HPC) applications, and data compression.
- Accelerate Critical Workloads – Speed up data compression and cryptography with integrated Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT).
- Operate More Efficiently – High-speed Integrated Intel® Ethernet (up to 4x10GbE) helps reduce total system cost. It also lowers power consumption and improves transfer latency of large storage blocks and virtual machine migration.
- Improve Security – Deploy hardware-enhanced security to protect data and system operations without compromising performance.
Scale for Success
Push your business further and faster, with solutions based on Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processors.
Intel Further Delivers on Storage Transformation with New Innovative Designs
Intel announces major data center storage advances, reiterating Intel’s memory technology leadership. The new technologies advance data center storage and deliver innovative solutions to meet the challenges presented by the growing reliance on data. They include:
- “Ruler” form factor for Intel® SSDs, an all-new solid state drive form factor enabling up to 1PB of storage in a 1U server rack in the future.
- The world’s most advanced dual port portfolio1: Intel® Optane™ technology dual port SSDs and Intel® 3D NAND dual port SSDs for mission-critical applications.
- An updated SATA family of SSDs for data center, targeted at HDD replacement.
- ‘Ruler’ Form Factor for Intel SSDs.
The new “ruler” form factor, so-called for its long, skinny shape, shifts storage from the legacy 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch form factors that follow traditional hard disk drives, and the add-in card form factor, which takes advantage of PCIe card slots, and delivers on the promise of non-volatile storage technologies to eliminate constraints on shape and size. The new form factor delivers the most storage capacity for a server, with the lowest required cooling and power needs. The next-generation “ruler” form factor SSDs using Intel® 3D NAND technology will enable up to 1PB in a 1U server – enough storage for 300,000 HD movies, or about 70 years of nonstop entertainment. Both Intel Optane SSDs and Intel® 3D NAND SSDs in the “ruler” form factor will come to market in the near future.
Dual Port SSDs
Dual port Intel Optane SSDs and Intel® 3D NAND SSDs offer critical redundancy and failover, protecting against multiple paths to failure for mission-critical and high-availability applications. Dual port SSDs replace SAS SSDs and HDDs and, with new storage technologies, deliver more IOPS, more bandwidth and lower latency than SAS SSDs. Dual port Intel® SSD DC D4500, D4502 and D4600 Series will be available starting in 2017’s third quarter.
SATA SSDs for Data Centers
The Intel® SSD DC S4500 and S4600 Series combine a new Intel-developed SATA controller, innovative SATA firmware and the industry’s highest density 32-layer 3D NAND. These storage-inspired SSDs preserve legacy infrastructure, ensuring a simple transition from hard disk drives to SSDs, while enabling data centers to reduce storage cost, increase server efficiency and minimize service disruptions. The new members of the second-generation Intel®3D NAND SSD family are available now.
Scientists, engineers, and data analysts need ever-increasing performance from advanced computing solutions to speed time to results, handle unprecedented data volumes, and improve the accuracy and precision of their applications. Intel® architecture is designed to address the heavy demands of high performance computing at every level making them one of Advanced HPC’s Elite Partners.